Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Resignation as Secretary-General of the National Solidarity Party


On 25 January 2015, I was elected as the Secretary-General of the National Solidarity Party (NSP). On 15 June 2015, I resigned from my position. Many have asked me for my reasons and out of respect for the party and its President, I had to wait for their official statement to be released before I am free to answer all the queries and concerns.


The party's official statement has now been released and the reasons are stated clearly in the statement. I am thankful to the party for allowing me to carry out a number of initiatives, such as NSP Unity Day, NSP Sports Day, NSP Retreat, NSP Kindness Day, SG50 video production, upgrading of the party's social media and the formation of the Youth Wing. If there is a single reason why I choose to finally step down after putting in so much time, energy and resources in such a relatively short time, I can only say it is due to incompatibility issues.


As stated in the party's statement, I will continue to focus on my social and community work and my charitable pursuits. These are the involvements that led me into politics with the hope of being able to influence the policies of the day in a positive way. I will continue to play my roles as volunteer, counsellor, mediator and community worker. And my role as the people's politician will indubitably continue as well.



Thank you to the members and supporters at National Solidarity Party (NSP) for all your supports during my tour as Secretary-General, and thank you to the President of NSP Mr Sebastian Teo for your trust and encouragement too. My supporters and readers, with each of your support, my journey in politics will continue.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


有记者朋友问我一些问题,就让我在这里回答他所提问的问题:

1)为什么要请辞?

请辞的念头开始时候是有点困扰,可是经过细心观察和深思考候,就长痛不如短痛决定请辞。但在某个层面上,这确实是一个痛心的决定。

2)随着大选脚步越来越近,这时离党可能带来负面效果,这层因素您曾考虑吗?

我想对我对党来说,负面的效果是避开不的,但是如果我们一直怕这个和怕那个的,那我们根本做不了应该做的事,而且托尼带水很可能会威胁到前景。曾经看过这么一个说法,成功的人不是赢在起点而是赢在转折点,我坚信时机对了我们就要改。

3)接下来的政治动向?

大选是越来越近,那是我们都很关注的事情。我的政治观念以人民利益为主,而我是因为从志愿工作旅程受到启发而决定踏入政坛。接下来,我还是会继续投入志愿工作再另做打算!“乘风破浪会有时,直卦云帆及沧海”,这只是我政治生涯的一个转折点而已。

No comments:

Post a Comment